Thursday, June 19, 2008

tough to post

I don't know about you, but I think this whole posting thing is a lot of work. I get so entertained by keeping up with everyone else, that doing my own post is tough--and most of you are hard to compete with. I definitely can't write like my husbands sister, Marci.

There has been so much going on lately. I've been counting down the days until I get Nick back. He takes his boards exam on June 30th. What a trooper for putting in so much study time. (yes, I just said trooper. awes.) I am so grateful for his diligence, but I can't wait to have him back.

So, the floods of '08. Weird to walk downtown (3 miles from our house) and see all these buildings sandbagged with relief trailers around. It was like I was in a disaster, but everything was fine--kind of like being in a movie set. How bad is that?! We were very blessed to not be affected by this. Thanks for everyone that called--worrying about us. One good thing that my mom will be happy about with this situation--I went and bought a couple of cases of water for our food storage. Now we have pudding and water. That should last for a good 2 months.

Are you already bored? I am.

So there was a great guy that came into work wanting to see if we would do some trade work. Awesome. I wish my company didn't already do video--I believe he would have helped us to reach all our dreams.< >< >click here to become a dreamer Serious. Use him if you have the funds. Brooke--I am sending this guy to help you at GMC and he could help Mike with school work. Check out his portfolio.

On a serious note: I found out today that my sister, Heather, is in the hospital in India. She's been having migraines and they have progressed into weird things happening all over. I hope she is 'aight. This picture is of us together in Scottsdale a monthish ago. Not the best pic, but this is me featuring her--hoping she reads this soon and knows that I am thinking about her and hoping she doesn't have to join the lepors for good. (Bad taste? Too soon? Oops.)



















Have I lost you? Now all of you will never complain to me to update my blog again. Shout out to my lesbian friend Stephanie--Hey Girl.

I guess I'll close with a nightmare I had this week. I was in the top 10 of American Idol and was "on the deck" for singing--I was freaking out for the fact that I can't sing (terrible) and I didn't have a song prepared. My first instinct was to sing a church hymn. But a girl in my dream approached me and sneeringly said, "You aren't going to sing a spiritual song are you?" Great. Now what? Suddenly I was being summoned to the stage and in sheer desperation, I turned to a band I have listened to since jr high--Counting Crows. The American Idol crew began to count down and when the lights turned to me...I woke up gasping because I was so stressed out. Pretty intense.

end.

13 comments:

Ashley said...

Bored? Whatever, I was cracking up out loud here in my office...not that's cool! =).

Hope your sister's stuff all goes okay. Logan's taking the D.O. board right now...and then another week of this study stuff. At least it's one more week right? Nick will do awesome, I'm sure of it.

Shout out to your lesbian friend, Stephanie too! =).

We MUST get together soon...seriously. We have 4 weeks left...crazy!

Natali Jolley said...

Hey, I was very bored and would like to tell you to think a little before you post because I didn't need to take a nap this afternoon. I hope your sister is alright, why is she in India. Should I know that answer? Does india have really good Medical Care or what?

mkm said...

I just wrote you a comment and it deleted it.
Anyway, don't you dare call me your husband's sister! I rectified the situation and referred to you as my sister who is married to my brother who is my bloodkin on my blog!
I hope Heather's okay! I would assume that India's not the best place to get sick.
Also, I can't wait for my dreams to be realized! If only I was rich enough...

mkm said...

I just realized that it didn't actually erase my comment but you have to approve it. I'm just going to keep writing comments...
Why wouldn't you approve something I say!? I am your sister who is bloodkin to your husband!

mare said...

now that is an update. poor nate and his friends who had to suffer through our singing for fourteen hours. at least our pinball skills are awesome. hope heather gets better--that's kinda scary. good luck old saint nick.

brooke said...

michelly,
zay cant be serious right? maybe you should consult him about your nightmare, afterall dreams are his fortay. mike and I were laughing pretty good. I'll take his portfolio with me to work. Gm could use someone like him. I am so glad the floods didnt get to your cute house. I was wondering about you kids glad to know all is well.

love ya
brookie

Kasi French said...

Pudding and Water ~ all you need is some cheese and bread really Miche and you can simply have the best grill-cheese sandwiches for the next two months!

Aly Goalen said...

My word! I've been wondering how close you are to the floods. And Heather!! Oh my gosh, I hope she's ok. She was supposed to come home in July anyway, right? I hope she can come home soon! Poor dear. I hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

yes. i love it. i hope heather is okay! keep us posted.

nothing like a nightmare. and yesterday i was listening to counting crows on a long drive and i thought of you! it reminded me of when we drove to jackson...

Laurie Bingham said...

Michelle, I am so glad that you found me! Now we can keep in touch a little bit better. What are your summer plans?

Amy said...

Mitch! Im so glad i found you on here. Heather and I are actually sitting here right now laughing at your bad taste in jokes. she is actually a lepor and I have joined her in the leporacy ward....

Kris said...

Ummm...hello?! Aren't you supposed to blog more than once every two months...especially after all the fun stuff you've been doing...new car, Mexico, time with the in-laws, marathon training, Midway and golfing (with the in-laws), etc.? I'd even read about YW activities if you blogged it! Love you!

Chelsea Nelson said...

Hmm. Perhaps I should post my # on the most recent entry.

425=350-3420

I left it on a different one too.