Sunday, October 31, 2010

boogedy, boogedy, boogedy, BOO!

happy halloween! zuri and i tricked grandma capeners house this afternoon and then treated ourselves to seeing nick at the hospital. my mom got zuri this costume that i saw online and thought "wow. that's rootin tootin cute". i like to talk as if i am an old gold miner to myself. we got it and she is adorable. i watched, with my mom, the movie "carrie"—which was more disturbing than scary. i had a huge scream at the very end because my mom screamed and it startled me more than scared me. we did manage to wake up zuri. he he he.

thought about last year and going around beggars night with the roses and i miss you liz, bob and co. hope you had a spooky halloween.

oh. last night i forced my parents to stay up and watch an old time favorite of mine. i watched "mr boogedy" on the disney channel back in the day and it spooked me to my core. i found it online and bought it and it did not disappoint. it was hilarious!

while uploading the photos to my computer, i noticed nathan and carries costumes and i have appointed them best costume this year. nice work. way to be inventive and awesome.

side note: doesn't my mom look beautiful. she's the best.

another side note: the few times i answered my parents door i was surprised to hear "trick or treat" and a bit disappointed to not hear kid jokes. oh iowa, you've tainted my halloween.















7 comments:

nickmons said...

My beautiful girls. Wish I could have been there, looks like a whizbang of a time. Happy halloween!

Kelly said...

I LOVE Zuri's costume! I have to admit you missed out on some pretty awesome jokes from the kids this year.

Kris said...

Oh, Zuri was just too cute in her Halloween costume!!! Wish we could have been there to kiss that little butterfly face.

mare said...

love love the zurage's costume. also, you look super cute too.

Ang said...

Love that you all dress up... haven't done it since I was a kid!

Liz said...

Oh, you look great! I saw the pictures of Zurash on FB and loved them, but you take the cake, my friend. We thought about coming up to your mom's house on Saturday night to say "hey" and see if we could have another scavenger hunt, but we just didn't have the energy. What did Jenga go as? Has she become the red headed stepchild who doesn't get a costume?

adam and marci said...

Love and miss you guys. Your little darling is beautiful!