Friday, February 13, 2009

freaking out

what are you doing may 31st? i just signed my life away to the minneapolis marathon--less than 15 weeks away.

nothing like signing up for a marathon. i believe they purposefully make the race cost so much to test your dedication right at the start when you sign up--when i pressed the submit form button, i felt my left arm spazzing and my IT bands began to hurt.

so what are you doing may 31st? join me. you are welcome to come and run or come and hang out and we can party before/after in minneapolis, or as my mom calls it--minneanapolis.

do it.

10 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Haha! I loved your reaction when you hit the submit button. I totally agree with you about the registration fees--after paying all that money, you're committed. Good luck with training. I'd love to run it with you, but I'm not sure I'll be able to this time around.

Have you heard of Capital Striders? It's a running group in Des Moines that meets for long runs Saturday mornings at Drake. I tried it out last week. It was great and I'm going again this week. Here's the link: http://www.capitalstriders.org/

Jen said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you while I sit on my couch.

mkm said...

Umm...You guys are insane.

Kasi French said...

I love you a little bit for doing this ...

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

you are insane...still can't believe that you are a marathoner

Aly said...

Mitch, oh my gosh, I think I call it that too! I'm retarded. That's funny. I'm proud of you!

Kris said...

What is wrong with you? Why would anybody want to do that? tee hee We just signed up for the Ogden half to see if I can be in better shape before St. George this year. It's on May 17th...wish you were here!

Denise said...

I am fascinated with marathon runners and I will never be one LOL. I think that is awesome. Good luck and have so much fun.

Us said...

If you can talk Nathan into going up there, I will put my name on the list. This means I really need to start training now!

adam and marci said...

Michelle - I can't believe you are doing this - OK I guess I can. Good luck and enjoy.