Saturday, February 28, 2009

one week down : three to go





























nick left last saturday with three friends to do a rotation in Polokwane, South Africa. he will be there for a full month. i suppose the purpose of this post is to let the universe know that i miss him. nothing like having someone you love gone, to realize how much you need them. i need nick. he is my best friend. i have had a lot of fun this past week--but if i start to think about nick, i feel as if i start to thaw and my heart starts hurting because half of it is missing.

so universe, bring him home safe and without aids.

this month, nick and i will be celebrating four years of marriage. awesome. i don't know if you know this, but i married my dream guy...

i was attending utah state university and walking down the taggart student center with a friend, jill. all the sudden, the crowd parts and this dreamboat starts heading toward us. yes, i had noticed him before. he was beautiful with his own sense of style--impossible to miss. he knew my friend Jill and they talked and i kept walking and thinking "wow, jill knows him. she would know him" [ jill is beautiful ] and then i started to comfort myself telling myself that it was his loss to not know me or want to know me--lets be honest, i knew i didn't have a chance.

a couple days later i was hanging out with my best friend mare and her current boyfriend, wayne wheeler. wayne talked me into going on a blind date with his friend that he thought was "perfect for me". i agreed, but when the date came--i didn't even bother getting ready for the date, because i was not anticipating anything special.

so, i sat and waited for my date on our stairs that was facing our front door that had a window. the door rang and i looked up, and lo and behold my dream boys face was in the window. i freaked out. couldn't believe my eyes--my dream boy was going to be my date. i said a prayer of gratitude and realized that i better live it up, because it was a once in a lifetime night. who knew that it was going to be a dream i would live forever. thanks wayne. thanks mare. fade memory...

four years. wow.

happiest moment: our first day being married. we walked around salt lake city hand in hand and i had never experienced such joy. nick was my husband and we were married in the temple for time and all eternity. i had goosebumps all day.

one of the many funny moments: doing the sister act from "white christmas" together for the ward christmas show.

our song: sleeping at last--hurry

favorite meal to share: cheesecake factory's bacon cheese burger

greatest adventure: last summer we went back to nicks mission, veracruz mexico, with his parents and my dad. incredible.

greatest purchase together: our dog soba--however, i did love our rides in our scooter with a sidecar

greatest project: remodeling our house

greatest feat: lets just say nick and me on a billboard in sunnyvale california

best date: surfing in california followed by a counting crows concert

random job: nick managed a team in california for dish network and i worked the office

scariest moment: driving through sardine canyon at night and we stopped for a girl on the side of the highway. she had jumped out of her boyfriends car and claimed that he was around and carrying a gun.


i love you nick. i could go on with this list and how much i love you, but i will save it for when you get back. plus, i am sure marci is begging me to stop--that is if she even made it past our "greatest feat".

be safe.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, you are a quarter of the way there already. I hope it goes by fast for you. I loved this post. It was fun to read.

Denise said...

Shell, that was so fun to read. I can't believe how time goes by. Seems like yesterday we were playing barbies and messing around on the swing set down by the barn. I loved reading that, but it did make me realize we know nothing about eachother anymore!!! Congrats on 4 years! I have had my dog for almost 5 does that count? LOL Love you tons.

Aly said...

That's really sweet. I really like that picture too. I can't believe its been 4 years! You two are a cute couple.

Kris said...

And THAT is why we love YOU!!!

mkm said...

I made it! But only barely. Just kidding, sister. This was sweet. I'm so glad you married my brother :)

mare said...

you sappy soupy poopy. isn't it great that all this happened because of wayne? ha. thanks for the call. i sure love you.

Ang said...

Ahhh, ain't love sweet! Enjoy those moments when you can, you never know what life is going to throw at you. I think if you can survive the busy schedules and time apart and still love each other you are doing something right.

Unknown said...

I was watching some South African rugby as I read your post, and I think the guys may have wondered why I was choking back some "allergies" suddenly. Stupid new pollen. I miss you so much, I'll see you soon.

Binary said...

That was once of the nicest things I've read on a blog. I never knew how you guys actually got connected. I've only been apart from Lisa for a week, and it was a novelty for about the first evening, and then...

That Sleeping at Last song is the only time the word "Hurry" occurs in my iTunes collection of 5000 songs. Hopefully Nick hurries home, and definitely without aids!

Chelsea Nelson said...

So, so cute.

Love you.

Jill said...

hey chelly. i hope you're still surviving ok without nick at home. that's rough. it will just make you appreciate eachother that much more! and south africa... wow. i bet he'll have stories.

i loved reading your list. xo

Ashley said...

South Africa?? Crazy!! Cute post bytheway...my favorite favorite story of you two is the Billboard in CA. Oh how funny!!! We miss y'all!