Sunday, May 10, 2009

happy mothers day mom and mom



























i just have to take a moment to thank the two most incredible women that i get to call mom. i don't know why i was blessed with them in my life, but i am thankful for their love, support, example and mainly friendship.

i was born into the coolest family with so much emphasis on love and family. a lot of that passion comes from my mom. she would do/give anything for my happiness. she is one of my best friends. i love being around her. i hope she knows that she doesn't have to spend money for me to appreciate her. my favorite things about her is her smile, enthusiastic and spontaneous personality, loyal friendship, willingness to do something fun or to just relax, openness to anyone and their ideas, and her killer back tickles. she is beautiful. i am so grateful to her for all the fun things she planned for my family to do and continues to plan for us--i know that all my great relationships with each of my siblings and with my parents is because we had annual family vacations and family parties. my mom is very talented. she is so creative. her parties are fabulous. her home is incredible. i love my moms testimony of the gospel of jesus christ and in the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. through her love and example came my own personal love and testimony. as i grow older, i find myself doing things or acting like she does--many times as a kid i would roll my eyes at these things--but now i laugh. i want to grow up like my mom--so there.

i basically married nick because his family was awesome and i wanted in. :) i love my mom monson. i had no idea it was so easy to love and be loved by two people (mike and kris). it has been so natural to think of her as mom. my favorite things about her is her zest for life, runs marathons--therefore i run marathons :), always on the ball and one step ahead of the game, active personality, photography, thoughtfulness (nothing gets past her, i love the phone calls, cards and packages), her food, and raising the most incredible guy. she is beautiful. she is so talented. she has become one of my best friends. i hope that i can become like her and achieve the things that she has.

i love you both so much. thank you, thank you, thank you. i know i haven't been very good at calling--but i want you both to know that you mean so much to me. happy mothers day!

4 comments:

Kris said...

You are the cutest daughter-in-law anyone could ask for. How could we not adore you??? Thanks so much for the wonderful Mother's Day greeting...it was the best!!!!!

mkm said...

I don't blame you for wanting to get into our family. We really are awesome! And we ADORE you! (oh no...I just read my mom's comment and we used the same word...I'm turning into her! But according to this blog it's a good thing.)

Mom Rigby said...

How adorable are you! I love you soooooo much. Reading your comments made me cry. I wish you were here so I could kiss and hug and squeeze you to pieces, and then tickle your back. I am so glad I get to see you soon. I have told you that you are a very special friend and that we have a strong connection from the pre existence. Thanks for being my daughter and sharing your life with me. You and Nick bring me so much joy and happiness. I hope you aquire all of Kris's talants. She is incredible and very thoughtful. She sent me the nicest mothersday card. I am so greatful that they love you .

DevJam said...

zool, you are so funny and clever. i am glad we're friends and good luck in your marathon. devin can appreciate the work more than me. i love the "i am zool" story so much; it makes me laugh for a long time.